Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I swear I've been productive!!

I have been productive, I just haven't blogged!  School and work and sewing take up my time, and I'm okay with that.  I will just blog less, but still blog when I can.  I like to jot some memories on the blog :)


I made fabric bowls for both my mother in law (MIL) and sister in law(SIL).  The teal and brown one is for my MIL, the green and purple one is for my SIL.  They both have the baskets, and both enjoyed them.  They weren't hard to make, once I got the hang of them and got the directions right.  I would make this again.  It's from a book called "fast, fun and easy fabric bowls".  Very cool.




My mother was in town recently, and I made her a table runner and makeup bag while she was here.  We went fabric shopping, and she got to pick out exactly what she wanted - which made it that much more fun!  Here is the table runner:

A close up of the button:

 The makeup bag:


 Here is my April Stash Bee -  Hive 2 Fractured Block.  I cut this one right down to the wire :S  I am mailing it tomorrow, which is still April, but feel bad I'm so slow!  At least I got it done and mailed in April. :D  Good news that.  Hehe.  Except for pressing the seams open, I really enjoyed the block.  It didn't take too long to come together, and the hubby lovingly helped with the seams :)  Kudos to him!!



So there - April was productive.  I also have a quilt I am finishing up - just have to hand sew the binding on, which I have one side done.  It's lovely, and I want it for myself - but know the recipient will love it, so that's good.  When that's finished and gifted I will post pictures.  I've taken a lot on my phone, but will take some with my camera also :)

Hope April has found you all well!!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love the block you made! It would make a fun quilt giant sized. :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you so much for picking my card as one your winners from the teddies challenge, it is such an honour.
    Thank you for all your hard work in making the challenge so successful, it's a shame that the challenge is ending but I can totally understand your reasons and wish you all the best.
    Sue xx obat penggugur kandungan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. I love comments. <3